September 9, 2019
Back To School Tips and Seasonal Storage
Are you ready for fall and getting the kids back to school? Our local storage in Mableton GA can be the solution you are looking for when preparing for an upcoming school year or getting organized. The weather may not accommodate outdoor adventures like camping or yard work, so consider storing these items with us until next year.
Organizing For Back To School
- Make a homework center for the kids; somewhere quiet they can focus. Use a shower caddy to keep extra supplies on hand and organized.
- A whiteboard with meals, to-dos, and other important notes for the family may be helpful by the door.
- After summer it can be tough to get back into a regular schedule. Start heading to bed early a few days a week before the first day of school.
- Have kids pack their lunches for the week so they can choose the food they want.
Seasonal Storage Tips
- When storing a canoe, spread the weight evenly with ratchet straps.
- Wash beach supplies before storing them. Coolers and food containers should be cleaned out before storage to avoid critters in the unit.
- Clear plastic bins are sturdy and great for organizing your seasonal items. A label on the outside is useful to see what is inside.
- Be ready for next spring by replacing oil and filling tires on the lawnmower.
- InStyle has a great article for moving your summer clothes to storage.
Home Star Storage is your local storage in Mableton GA for seasonal items, your inventory, and so much more! Give us a call or stop by to see our brand new self storage facility in Mableton GA. You can also reserve online!
We are getting ready to expand into your neighborhood! Find another local storage option coming soon to Cincinnati OH and Orlando FL.